This Webpage is the property of MELIAN.BE, registered offices are in Brussels, Belgium.
For any query or proposal, contact us by email to email@example.com.
This Webpage is governed by law solely applicable in Belgium and both national and foreign users of this Website are subject to same.
The USER’s access to our Webpage is free of charge and contingent upon reading and fully and expressly accepting without reservation these GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE that are in effect at the time of access, which we would ask you to read carefully. When using our portal, its contents or services the USER expressly accepts and submits to the general conditions for the use of same. Should the user not be in agreement with these Conditions of Use, they must refrain from using this portal and operating via same.
We may modify the presentation and configuration of our Webpage, expand or reduce the services and even remove it from the Internet at any time, together with the services and contents provided, unilaterally and without prior notice.
A. Intellectual property
All the content, texts, images and source codes are our property or third parties for which the exploitation rights were acquired and are protected by Intellectual and Industrial Property rights.
The user is solely entitled to make private, not for profit use of same, and requires express authorisation to modify, reproduce, exploit or distribute them or exercise any other right belonging to the owner.
B. Conditions of access and use
Access to our Webpage is free of charge and no prior subscription or registration is required.
The user must access our Webpage in good faith, in accordance with public order and these General Conditions of use. Access to our Website is at the sole liability of the user who shall be liable for any damages they may cause to us or to third parties.
Taking into account the impossibility of controlling the information, contents and services contained on third-party websites which are accessible via the links on our webpage, we inform you that we will not be liable for any damages of any nature which may arise from the use of these third-party webpages by the user.
- Who is the processor of your data.
- The purpose for which we gather the data requested.
- What is the legitimisation for their processing.
- The length of time we store the data.
- Who your data are assigned to.
- What your rights are and how you can exercise them.
1. Party responsible:
See information in the heading.
2. Purposes, legitimisation and storage of the processing of data sent via the:
A. Contact form.
- Purpose: To answer your requests for information or suggestions, resolve your doubts, queries or requests and to send you information on our products, services and activities via digital media (Email, SMS, WhatsApp), if you check the acceptance box.
- Legitimisation: The user’s consent when requesting information via our contact form and checking the acceptance box for the sending of commercial communications.
- Storage: Until resolution of your request or email query, if no new processing has been generated and, if applicable, until you request to unsubscribe from further commercial information.
B. Sending emails.
- Purpose: To answer your requests for information or suggestions and deal you’re your doubts and queries regarding our service or products.
- Legitimisation: The user’s consent when requesting information via our email address. Storage: Once your email request has been answered, if no new processing has been generated.
C. User registration
- Purposes: a. To process and manage your registration as a registered user. The purpose of registration is to facilitate your future purchases by storing your data and keeping you informed about our products, offers, discounts and exclusive events, including by digital media (Email, SMS).
- Legitimisation: a. User consent when registering as a user.
- Storage: a. Until such time as you de-register as a user and provided there is no other process in progress, for example a purchase; and once de-registered during the legally obligatory storage period to attend to potential liabilities, if applicable. Once the user has de-registered as a user, we shall send no further commercial information.
D. Purchasing process with or without registration
- Purposes: a. To process and handle the delivery of your order, payment and related administrative tasks. b. To send you information concerning our products, offers, discounts and events via digital media (Email, SMS) if you have subscribed as a user or expressly accepted their reception.
- Legitimisation: a. Execution of the product sale contract. B. When no subscribed as a user, your consent to receive commercial information.
- Storage: a. While the contractual relation is in effect and thereafter during the legally required storage times to attend to any potential liabilities. b. Until such time as you exercise your right to oppose the sending of commercial information or de-register as a user.
Obligation to provide your personal data and the consequences for a failure to do so.
The supply of personal data requires a minimum age of 14 years, or, if applicable, sufficient legal capacity to enter into a contract.
The personal data requested are necessary to manage your requests and failure to do so signifies we cannot attend to your correctly or fulfil the purposes described above.
We reserve the right to decide whether or not to process your personal data.
3. Recipients of the data
Your data are confidential and will not be transferred to third parties unless legally required.
4. Rights with regards to your data
When consent is the basis for the data processing, it shall be revocable at all times and under no circumstance may withdrawal of consent condition the execution of the contracts or relations arising previously.
You may also exercise the following rights:
- Request access to your personal data or rectification of same when inaccurate.
- Request their deletion when, amongst other reasons, they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were governed.
- Request the limitation of processing in certain circumstances.
- Request opposition to the processing of your data due to your particular situation.
- Request data portability when so provided in law.
- Other rights recognised in applicable law.
5. Security of your personal data
In order to safeguard the security of your personal data, we inform you that we have adopted all the necessary measures of a technical and organisational nature to ensure the security of your personal data against alteration, loss and non-authorised processing and access.
6. Updating your data
It is important you inform us whenever there has been any modification so we may update your personal data; otherwise we cannot be liable for the accuracy of same.
By placing this Webpage at the disposal of the user, we wish to offer a quality service by applying the maximum diligence to the provision of same and to the technological means used. However, we shall not be liable for the presence of virus or other elements that may damage the user’s computer system. We do not warrant that the availability of the service be is continuous or uninterrupted. The user is prohibited from any action on our site that results in excessive operational overload our computer systems and the introduction of viruses, or installation of robots, or software that alters the normal operation of our website, or ultimately to cause damage to our computer systems. The USER accepts full liability for the use of our webpage. The USER acknowledges that they have understood all the information relating to the conditions of use of our portal and that they are sufficient to exclude any error from same and therefore expressly accepts them in full.
Cookies are small pieces of information sent and stored on the hard drive of the user’s computer through the browser when connecting to a website. Cookies can be used to collect and store user data while connected, in order to provide services that are not typically kept (session cookies), or to record user data for future services that can be stored indefinitely (persistent cookies). Cookies can be owned by the website or by third parties.
There are several types of cookies:
- Technical cookies enable browsing and the use of the options or services oered by the web, such as: identifying sessions, allowing access to certain areas, enabling orders, purchases, filling out forms, registration, security, enabling functions (videos, social networks, etc.).
- Customization cookies allow users to access services according to their preferences (language, browser, and configuration).
- Analytical cookies allow anonymous analysis of web users’ behaviour, measure user activity, and allow the creation of browsing profiles to improve the websites.
- Advertising cookies enable management of advertising space on the web.
- Targeted advertising cookies enable management of advertising spaces based on user browsing habits and behaviour. This profiling enables customization of ads displayed on the user’s browser.
MELIAN.BE uses technical, customization and analytical cookies, and third party advertising cookies, which never process personal data but capture browsing habits for advertising purposes.
As we use analytical and advertising cookies, in accordance with article 22 of the Law on Information Society Services and E-commerce, you are asked for consent when accessing our website.
However, we inform you that you can enable or disable these cookies by following the instructions on your web browser.